Zaragoza Logistics Center (ZLC) is an international center of excellence for research and education in logistics and supply chain management that actively engages with industry and the public sector to develop and disseminate knowledge. To accomplish its mission ZLC partnered with the MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics to form the MIT-Zaragoza International Logistics Program, an international program for education and research in logistics & supply chain management. ZLC now has an opening for an Executive Education Director within the Education Department.
The post holder is responsible for the generation, design and successful delivery of a range of activities, products and services focusing around executive education.
The post holder will generate income through identifying and delivering opportunities for executive education and related activities with private companies, the public and third sector partners.
Major Areas Of Responsibility
- Identify new opportunities for bespoke and open enrolment executive education programmes to be delivered by ZLC.
- Identify and develop opportunities for further engagement with potential and existing external clients and take the lead on negotiations, inclusive of the contract stage.
- Provide excellent customer service and support – managing key internal and external client relationships with an ability to develop and maintain these relationships and to build a community of interested parties.
- Working with ZLC colleagues to build effective relationships with the local, regional and national business community and develop relationships with international/EU organisations where appropriate.
- Support academic colleagues in the design of bespoke and open enrolment executive education programmes and related products and services.
- Work with the Marketing Department in the development of innovative marketing strategies in support of executive education and related products. This will include developing strong market knowledge and, where needed, commissioning and making effective use of market research.
- Formulate the business development plan for executive education and be responsible for its implementation in support of ZLC’s business objectives, including monitoring the executive education budget and ensure that related expenditure is controlled.
- Professionally qualified with a relevant degree/postgraduate qualification in SCM & Logistics
- Significant vocational and relevant management experience, demonstrating management ability in an appropriate professional or specialist area, and success in similar or related roles, supported by evidence of significant appropriate knowledge.
- Experience of working independently and without close supervision
- Ability to develop and implement effective business plans and strategies
- Experience of negotiating contractual terms
- Knowledge of academic or academic/industrial contracts and relationships
- Fluent in English and Spanish
Interested candidates should provide a letter of interest and curriculum vitae. This information can be entered electronically via our site www.zlc.edu.es. If you require further information you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org. All communications will be held in confidence.
The ZLC is a culturally diverse teaching and research environment and provides equal
opportunity for all applicants. Applications from women and minorities are encouraged.
We inform you that your personal data will be stored in our file of candidates and processed in order to manage the selection processes carried out at the Foundation. You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition at FUNDACION ZARAGOZA LOGISTICS CENTER in C/ Bari 55, Nayade building 5, 50197, Zaragoza.