Professionals interested in deepening their knowledge in SCM in emerging market economies, particularly Latin America and the Caribbean - Expanding their graduate education in developing countries!
The MIT Graduate Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (GCLOG) is an elite academic program from the MIT Global Supply Chain And Logistics Excellence (SCALE) network, geared toward exceptional graduate students and professionals from developing countries who are interested in learning state-of-the-art topics in logistics, freight transportation and SCM and tools to solve real problems from emerging regions.
As a certificate program, the GCLOG has a smaller time and tuition footprint to MIT SCALE master's degree programs, and is a perfect educational complement for students currently pursuing a master's degree at their home universities or professionals looking for elevating their education to address current challenges in emerging markets. The GCLOG is taught by instructors from the MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics (CTL) – considered the world's foremost thinkers in the field of Supply Chain Management and related fields. The GCLOG carries with it the prestige of MIT, one of the world's most respected universities, with a proven record in supply chain management and logistics.
We look for "Amplifying graduate education and prepare the next generation of leaders in Supply Chain for emerging market economies," capitalizing on a hybrid, hands-on experience that combines online content and two residential seminars on the MIT campus at an affordable cost for talented professionals.
Special waiver for SCM MicroMasters credential holders
If you completed the MicroMasters program in Supply Chain Management in the last three years and want to apply for the GCLOG program, we have great news! If after submitting your application, you are admitted to the GCLOG, you won't need to take the asynchronous sessions of the first module and you will receive a discount of 15% in the tuition. See the official announcement here and the video.
GCLOG Quick Links:
- GCLOG Tuition & Funding Info
- Who is Eligible for the GCLOG Program?
- Visa Requirements for GCLOG students
- Application Requirements & Instructions
- Current attendance policies related to COVID-19
Round I: Nov 17, 2023
Round II: Jan 26, 2024
Round III: April 5, 2024
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
"The GCLOG is a truly unique world-class experience that supports the pathway to success in our professional careers." –Andrea Barreto, GCLOG 2016 – Mexico (Sr. Product Manager at Amazon.com).
"Best in class instructors, outstanding classmates and valuable debates at MIT is what I found in this program. It definitely was a milestone not only in my career but in my life." –Roberto Sugiyama, GCLOG 2016 – Brazil (SCM Manager at Bayer).
GCLOG students combine online study with two three-week residencies on the MIT campus, with minimal disruption to their ongoing master's, family, and work commitments, and without breaking the bank. Read more testimonials from our alumni.
GCLOG Program Outline
- Online course GCx (May 13 – July 6, 2024): Excellence in Supply Chain, delivered through the edXedge (http://edge.edx.org/) platform, covering fundamentals of Supply Chain Management & Logistics.
- A 3-week seminar on the MIT campus (July 7 - 26, 2024), where students attend workshops/lectures on state-of-the-art knowledge in the field (e.g. Urban Logistics, nanostore supply chains, SCM for food and agri-business, SC Resilience, Humanitarian Logistics, Omni-channel distribution strategies, SC Strategy, Sustainable SC, etc.).
- A research-oriented Capstone project that provides applied solutions. This capstone serves as a culminating academic experience for the GCLOG students.
- A 3-week seminar on MIT campus (early - end of January, 2025), where GCLOG students participate in SCALE Connect, a unique experience where students from all MIT SCALE centers (Zaragoza, Luxembourg, Ningbo, MISI and MIT) gather together to attend lectures and participate in challenges, company tours, and other interesting activities.
GCLOG Program Details
GCLOG Program Cost 2025