Latin American University Students - Enhance Your Master's Degree!
The MIT Graduate Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (GCLOG) is an elite academic program from the MIT Global Supply Chain And Logistics Excellence (SCALE) network, geared toward exceptional graduate students from Latin America. As a certificate program, the GCLOG has a smaller time and tuition footprint than the MIT SCALE master's degree programs, and is a perfect educational complement for those students currently pursuing a master's degree at their home universities. The GCLOG is taught by instructors from the MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics (CTL) – considered the world's foremost thinkers in the field of Supply Chain Management and related fields. The GCLOG carries with it the prestige of MIT, one of the world's most respected universities, with a proven record in supply chain management and logistics.
GCLOG Quick Links:
- GCLOG Tuition & Funding Info
- Who is Eligible for the GCLOG Program?
- Visa Requirements for GCLOG students
- Application Requirements & Instructions
Round I: Nov 15, 2019 Round II: Jan 31, 2020
April 2, 2020 Extended: April 13, 2020
Email us at email@example.com!
Applications are open! Apply Now!
"The GCLOG is a truly unique world-class experience that supports the pathway to success in our professional careers." –Andrea Barreto, GCLOG 2016 – Mexico (Sr. Product Manager at Amazon.com).
"Best in class instructors, outstanding classmates and valuable debates at MIT is what I found in this program. It definitely was a milestone not only in my career but in my life." –Roberto Sugiyama, GCLOG 2016 – Brazil (SCM Manager at Bayer).
GCLOG students combine online study with two three-week residencies on the MIT campus, with minimal disruption to their ongoing master's, family, and work commitments, and without breaking the bank. Read more testimonials from our alumni.
GCLOG Program Outline
- Online course GCx (May 16 – July 5, 2020): Excellence in Supply Chain, delivered through the edXedge (http://edge.edx.org/) platform, covering fundamentals of Supply Chain Management & Logistics.
- A 3-week seminar on the MIT campus (July 12 - 31th, 2020), where students attend workshops/lectures on state-of-the-art knowledge in the field (e.g. Megacity Logistics, Food SC, SC Resilience, Humanitarian Logistics, Omni-channel, SCM for micro and small firms, SC Strategy, Sustainable Supply Chains, etc.).
- A research-oriented Capstone project that provides applied solutions. This capstone serves as a culminating academic experience for the GCLOG students.
- A 3-week seminar on MIT campus (early - end of January, 2021), where GCLOG students participate in SCALE Connect, a unique experience where students from all MIT SCALE centers (Zaragoza, Malaysia, Luxembourg, Ningbo and MIT) gather together to attend lectures and participate in challenges, company tours, and other interesting activities.